Saturday 3 January 2015

Finally taking the plunge !

To be honest I nearly didn't, I put it off again and again in fact I even missed the first big meeting at the Unity Gym in Durham....To be honest I think it was a mix of nerves and not being sure if I could commit fully to it.  Eventually I decided to give it a shot, I text the organiser asking if it was too late for me to take part and luckily it wasn't.  Then had to send in my name and that was it I was added to the group...Scary !!!


I still remember the first day of training, after driving past the gym a couple of times in an attempt to find it I was finally there...As I walked in I think it finally dawned on me what I had actually signed up for...pictures of cage fighters in posters up the stairs really didn't help the nerves...who was going to be there, I remember hoping for a room of weedy out of shape men who had never thrown a punch in there lives.....  As I Entered....The room was full with around 40 others, mostly men with a few women too.  What was going on...my vision of how everyone would look wasn't totally accurate....

In fact it was kind of the opposite, some very in shape people, I remember seeing Tough Mudder t- shirts and marathon vests....God what was I letting myself in for ! (As I was not particularly prime physique at the time).


No comments:

Post a Comment